The Windows Server has no physical display and we’re using ConnectWise Connect to control it. It shows at 640x480 resolution so we need to virtualize a display to have it show at other resolutions.
Discovered the solution here:
Download the virtual driver here:
- Download the latest release as a zip file, and extract all.
- As an administrator, Run the *.bat file to add the driver certificate as a trusted root certificate. (I'm getting reports that the bat might not work, run the command from an elevated command prompt from the extracted folder).
- Don't install the inf. Open device manager, click on any device, then click on the "Action" menu and click "Add Legacy Hardware"
- Select "Add hardware from a list (Advanced)" and then select Display adapters
- Click "Have Disk..." and click the "Browse..." button. Navigate to the extracted files and select the inf file.
You are done! Go to display settings to customize the resolution of the additional displays.
You can enable/disable the display adapter to toggle the monitors.